hypertherm 600 won't fire

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
murrfin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm 600 won't fire

Post by murrfin »

My Plasmacam 4x4 DHC was working fine, all of a sudden hypertherm powermax 600 torch won't fire. Bench initializes fine but when I turn on torch I get red lite on controller saying torch running, and get machine control error: torch cutting signal never shut off. check wiring, power or turn off option.

Can anyone help???????
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 600 won't fire

Post by jimcolt »

Sounds like the plasma on output from the Plasmacam is stuck in the on position. What happens if you disconnect the control cable (small round connector that plugs into bottom of Plasmacam control box) then initialize? With the cable unplugged power up the plasma and see if it runs separate from the machine (you will need to plug the Plasmacam jumper that was supplied with the machine into the round connector, remove the tye wrap from the torch trigger, then trigger the torch manually. A good place for troubleshooting anything Plasmacam related is on the Plasmacam owners community. Jim Colt Hypertherm
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Open diagnostics and check the voltage reading with the torch off. When you turn the plasma source on, check the voltage. Need to determine if it is an output problem or trouble with the cutter itself.
murrfin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by murrfin »

thanks Jim, I will try this and let you know. at present I don't have jumper (not sure what it is) I believe I can order on plasmacam as part of torch cable assembly for $59

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”