Hypertherm 128650 Remote On/Off Pendant for Machine Torch, 25'

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Hypertherm 128650 Remote On/Off Pendant for Machine Torch, 25'

Post by plasmartist »

So I was clanign my garage the other day and came across the remote pendant from hypertherm that plugs into the cpc port. I have never used this before and honestly don't know i its something anyone uses. I have the candcnc electronics, so my cpc port is occupied by that already. Is there a way to incorporate this into my system or is it just random junk. I'm a hoarded and try to use everything I have, but find myself questioning this one. BTW if someone else needs it I will sell it super cheap.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 128650 Remote On/Off Pendant for Machine Torch, 25'

Post by acourtjester »

I have one too I think it is almost standard (IMHO) with your purchase of a hypertherm. and if you buy a THC they may come with one also. Like you one came with my CandCNC THC kit, I think it has value but finding someone who needs one is the thing.
Put it on Ebay may cost you $.50 for the auction list, someone may pop up and buy it. :lol:
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I have one also that I don't have a use for.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by plasmartist »

haha at least I know I'm not missing anything. The only use I can think of for it is possibly when its a hand torch, then using it to turn the machine on/off, assuming thats what it does. I might just harvest the switch and integrate it into my estop circuitry or something.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

You cannot fire the hand torch from the CPC connector on a Hypertherm. Its ONLY to manually fire a Machine torch setup if you do not have a plasma control system . Outside of using it to verify if the torch is firing for troubleshooting its not much use on an automated cutting setup.

While it may come with some of the bundles its not real evident you do not need it with automated cutting tables if you are buying ala carte
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

If you want to manually fire the torch on your setup just wire in a Normally Open switch across the two wires out of the PWM module marked "Torch Switch"
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The pendant is used often with non-cnc machines such as track burners and pipe cutters. It allows manual firing of the machine torch only. There are machine torch configurations from Hypertherm that do not come with the pendant, however most distributors only stock the ones with the pendant as they often sell track burners and pipe cutoff machines. If you get part numbers from me for a cnc application....they will not include the pendant as it has no use on a cnc machine! Jim Colt

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”