Error message

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
michelle
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Error message

Post by michelle »

Hey guys, I got a new error last night that I’ve never seen. It says something to the effect of the torch contacted material while in motion. We use our machine for our FFA and I’m at my day job so I’m not currently near the machine. We have a Hypertherm 45. Has anyone seen this error before and can you help me resolve it? It wouldn’t even initialize when we gave up last night. Thanks!

Michelle
Francisco
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Error message

Post by Francisco »

A probable cause is the presence of metal or metal oxide particles between the shield and the nozzle - clean the consumables and test.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

It always helps if you say what brand / model cnc table. The error coded sounds sort of like one that you get on a Plasmacam. It occurs when traversing and the torch hits the metal (tipped up part, warpage etc.). When tis occurs, simply click on the error box and raise the torch...then continue. If the error will not clear....or comes back immediately....it means (as stated by Francisco) that there is a metal particle that blew back between the shield and the nozzle....so remove the shield, inspect, clean out the front of the nozzle and the inside of the shield, replace and continue after clearing the error. Metal will blow back between the nozzle and shield if you are piercing too close and/ or the pierce delay time is to short. (use the specs for pierce height and pierce delay from your operators manual cut charts for the material and thickness you are cutting) Jim Colt Hypertherm
michelle
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by michelle »

Yes it’s a plasmacam sorry. Thanks for the info, I’ll recheck it all this evening.

Thanks again, Michelle
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

I had a big job a few years ago cutting stainless. What a nightmare. The cut gap with my torch is only 0.25mm (yes, a quarter of a mm).

I'd get lots of reset faults because tiny bits of slag were getting caught between the nozzle and the plate.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”