Back Spacing Help

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
cfmetalworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Back Spacing Help

Post by cfmetalworks »

I have a sign that some one wants back spaced. I attached a photo of what it looks like. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to space these off the wall 1/2"-1". I can't find any solutions where you can't see the mounts from the front. I just need some type of simple solution. I thought about getting 1" box tubing and cutting key slots. But maybe someone knows a better option.

Thank you!
BBmetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Back Spacing Help

Post by BBmetal »

I have used 1" square tubing welded to the back with a keyhole cut into it in the past. it works well. I have also cut tabs with keyholes cut into them and then bent them with the needed spacing. You could also try incorporating the standoff into the design and then bending the tabs to create your back spacing. more than one way to skin a cat. another way you be to just use 1/2" spacers behind the piece that the mounting screw goes thru. Hope this helps.
"If you can't find the time to do it right, When will you find the time to do it over?"

LDR Motion Systems 4X4 with scribe
Hypertherm 45
Millermatic 211
Wysong Model 100 Ironworker
Chinese 40" 3in1
cfmetalworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Back Spacing Help

Post by cfmetalworks »

Tree Hallway Example.jpg
Thank you!
I don't know if it attached the photo or not but here it is. The tree measures 7.5' x 7' and the leafs range from 20"-9".

It just has a lot of leave that have to be hung at just the right angle. So i was a little concerned about cutting key holes and make sure they were lined up right. This is part of their logo so everything has to be hung to scale.... Luckily Im not installing them maintenance is lol.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”