HELP WITH LAYERED

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
kennye
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

HELP WITH LAYERED

Post by kennye »

HOW ARE YOU GUYS PUTTING TOGETHER A LAYERED SCENE??? ARE YALL WELDING, GLUING .. WHAT? PLEASE LET ME KNOW I I HAVE A 7 LAYER BASS SCENE I AM WORKING ON
Specialkfab
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: HELP WITH LAYERED

Post by Specialkfab »

We use rivets. Then either use the silver head as an accent or touch up the head with paint if we dont want it to show to much. Tried everything else had issues with each one. This is definately the sturdiest and doesnt mess up the paint on each layer.
DHC2 PlasmaCam 4X4
Pipe Attachment
HyperTherm 45XP
John Frantum
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by John Frantum »

If the pieces aren't too heavy, this transfer tape works great:
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/ ... 258&rt=rud
dustywill
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dustywill »

Rare earth Magnets. It is more expensive than most of the other things i have tries, but it leaves me with adjustability and acts as as a stand off for depth. I have and still do use epoxy and 3m tape, but the last few years I have used magnets almost exclusively.

I found that epoxy could break off if the piece was flexed. The tape was just a pain to do small pieces. The magnets also allowed me to sell multi use pieces. For instance I sell a Bunny to hang on the front door. I sold magnetic initials to stick to it. Then I sold a Pumpkin for the door. The initials could then transfer from Bunny to Pumpkin, snowman, bunny, Heart...

I've boughtt he magnets off Amazon and from this site https://www.apexmagnets.com/ Neither one better then the other. Most of what I buy are 1/2" x 1/8" or 1/4" x 1/8" disc magnets. I hope that helps.
Precision Plasma 4x8 v-rail
C&CNC dragon cut 620
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Auburn, AL
www.facebook.com/decorativemetalworks
kennye
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kennye »

thanks yall
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

kennye wrote:HOW ARE YOU GUYS PUTTING TOGETHER A LAYERED SCENE??? ARE YALL WELDING, GLUING .. WHAT? PLEASE LET ME KNOW I I HAVE A 7 LAYER BASS SCENE I AM WORKING ON
Just to clarify, are you talking 7 layers on top of each other ? Never seen anything like that before. Just based on the weight of multiple layers I'd be using a strong mechanical fastening method. The back plate is holding the weight of them all.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Granite
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Granite »

Don't have experience with that many layers, but would love to see the finished product! Good luck with it.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

This works great for my layered projects if you are fairly adept at tig welding. http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.p ... +weld+nuts

Dave Hanks
cacarter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cacarter »

CMC Badge pic.jpg
I plug welded this.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”