G-code translation error, and cutting issue

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Taliesin77
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

G-code translation error, and cutting issue

Post by Taliesin77 »

I have a Hypertherm 65 on a Hornet cutting table, and I just started having issues with cutting all the way thru the material. It seems to be with Finecut consumables are having problems with all gages of material. I changed all the consumables, including the swirl ring, but still got this when cutting 3/16".

So I changed to standard consumables, and the toolpath has a translation error in the "teeth" of the part( seen on the right side on the middle cut-out).

standard consumables gave me this:

Here's a picture of the toolpath:
Image[/img]

I thought it was maybe a one time thing, but I got the same when I tried to cut it again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Taliesin77 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: G-code translation error, and cutting issue

Post by WyoGreen »

It looks like your machine is losing position. I'd check to make sure you don't have any loose parts. When the controller is on and the motors are locked, grab the gantry and see if you can move it. It will take a lot of force to move a locked stepper. (I'm assuming you have steppers) If everything is tight, then you're left with (perhaps) a noise problem.

As far as the not cutting thru, you see a lot of complaints about the fine cut consumables, evidently they are very picky about settings.
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”