Torchmate 3 - Loss of position & loud motor noise on diagonals/circular

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Kustom_Koatingz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torchmate 3 - Loss of position & loud motor noise on diagonals/circular

Post by Kustom_Koatingz »

Torchmate 3 Bolt Together Table
Black AVHC controller box

We are having issues with our Torchmate 3 Bolt Together Table which seams like stress on the motors and ultimately causing loss of position. The torch travels vertically/horizontally pretty much effortlessly. When we go to run a program which contains diagonal lines or circles you can audibly a noticeable difference as if the motors are struggling and it's causing vibration. Harder to explain so I put together a brief YouTube video showing it in action.

I double checked all of the set screws on the sprockets, 6 total. Additionally, I checked the set screws inside of the drive motors, they are fine as well. First time we have had this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvo60k ... e=youtu.be
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate 3 - Loss of position & loud motor noise on diagonals/circular

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I run into glitches with my TM system, get some contact cleaner and clean every electrical connection then use di-electric silicone on re-Assembly. Also check that each wire is crimped / terminated properly at the plug with a slight pull. Pull the rack away from the pinion and check for ease of travel on the gantry and adjust and or replace bearings as needed.
Kustom_Koatingz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Torchmate 3 - Loss of position & loud motor noise on diagonals/circular

Post by Kustom_Koatingz »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote:I run into glitches with my TM system, get some contact cleaner and clean every electrical connection then use di-electric silicone on re-Assembly. Also check that each wire is crimped / terminated properly at the plug with a slight pull. Pull the rack away from the pinion and check for ease of travel on the gantry and adjust and or replace bearings as needed.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. To add to my original post, I made sure the table was square using a steel carpenter's square and also measuring the table diagonally. I also checked the end of the racks to make sure they were equidistant from the end of the table. I manually jogged the gantry past the gear rack, then back one, making sure the same amount of teeth were equal on both sides.

I don't get the grinding noise when everything is turned off and moving the x & y axis manually.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”