THC Help

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Brute29
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

THC Help

Post by Brute29 »

I am running SheetCam, Mach3 with Powermax 45XP and a miniTHC torch height controller. I've been running the table without problems and I finally decided I needed to get the THC operating.

I am running a line test and the torch will pierce, drop to cut to height, start moving to cut the line and the torch raises. It seems to track the up and down in the metal, just a little to high to make the cut. It seems like I still have a setting off in Mach3. Can someone help point me in the correct direction? I did some looking and didn't see a similar thread, please let me know if this has been covered somewhere already.

Thanks!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC Help

Post by acourtjester »

You may need to run a test with the THC off (staight line for about 6") at about 0.060" and see with the actual voltage shown on the THC. This will tell you what voltage works for your table electronics. The voltage monitoring is independent of Mach 3 and the THC just sends signals to Mach to move the torch up/down.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Brute29
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Brute29 »

Ok thanks, I will give it a try.
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by plasmartist »

Another rule of thumb to keep in mind is that the higher your arc voltage setting is, the higher the dthc will raise the torch, alternatively if your torch is cutting too low or dragging on the metal, then your arc voltage setting is set too low.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”