Dxfs for Cnc Machine

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Ali44
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Dxfs for Cnc Machine

Post by Ali44 »

Hi there, we are new to this and have got a SCM Pratix S15B machine. We have been getting DXFs off etsy but some of them haven't worked, we were just wanting some info on were we could buy good quality Dxfs for our CNC machine? Thanks in advance :)
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Dxfs for Cnc Machine

Post by WyoGreen »

If you become a contributing member on here, there are thousands of dxf's free for the downloading, most of them designed for plasma cutting.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

And ultimately, you are going to have to learn to manipulate drawings for decent results. Even some of the commercially purchased "cut ready" file packs I've bought required some "touch up" to fix issues. I spent all day yesterday (and to this point, all day today) touching up/modifying a bunch of files I'm getting ready to cut. They are going to a shop for local sale, and I'll be adding them to my online stores as well. Being "stock" items, I've had to re-size them to fit the price point for the local store.

The ability to draw files is (IMO) more important than having the equipment to cut them.

Download Inkscape. It's free, and you can start learning to draw files with it. Lots of instructional videos on YouTube.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by plasmartist »

Another thumbs up for inkscape. I like it so much that I use it exclusively. If for some reason I do have a dxf file, I convert it to svg format. Inkscape is super easy to learn and very intuitive imo. Not to mention it has a trace bitmat option for tracing images into vector formats. go directly to inkscape.org for the most current copy
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

The few I have bought off Etsy are kinda screwed up, but they will work. After you get to know what your doing you can fix them. I make most of my own from images I piece together. I'm not a fan of doing what every one else does.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”