Dragon cut

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
mckee ironworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Dragon cut

Post by mckee ironworks »

I turn on my plasma table everything kicks on and motors lock up as they should. I turn on the computer and click. Board dumps and i get a load fault . Called ldr said to check green connectors tighten them all up check them plug them all back in nothing wrong. Irie power up the windows-based computer load the controller and the board dumps
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dragon cut

Post by tcaudle »

I assume you mean a power Fault. NOT a drive fault. Since its turning on the PC that causes it we need to focus there. IS this a MACH system or the newer LINUX/CommandCNC ? Which PC? You can get more timely and direct help on the CandCNC Support Forum (linked on the website). You have to join but it open to all CNCrs
mckee ironworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Mach 3. It started i was cutting a job then the reset on mach kicked on . I walked over to the table and it had that fault i turned it off and back on in the hopes mach would just run from there and it did but it did it again on the next move. I gave up the job . Shut everything down called ldr was told to check the green blockes on the left i did and tighten everything turned everything back on table first that kicked on as normal. Went over to the computer powerd that up clicked on mach it went on as normal i hear a click from the table and that red light is flashing . I click reset to reset the e stop as normal . But its still flashing .click reset again still flashing . I leave it alone go to the table shut it down ,power it back up im good . I go back to the computer clear the lost contact and hit reset . Nothing so i end session and restart and (click )table faults again .
mckee ironworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Problem solved , bad stepper motor , unpluged each motor and restarted one at a time . When I got to the bad motor . The fault went away . Motor on order now ...

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”