New and need help please!

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Bdh66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

New and need help please!

Post by Bdh66 »

I am new to this and just setup a new plasmacam 4x4 table. Dhc ll advanced machine control. I have made a couple cuts and learning but now it will go to cut but torch is not firing. It's a hypertherm 45xp. My previous cuts where having setting issues with torch height but now nothing.
amusick10
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: New and need help please!

Post by amusick10 »

All lights on the machine on and the correct color?

What Software are you running?
Torchmate II 4x8 (Kind of...)
DIY Adjustable Height Water Table
FlashCut CNC Motors, Controller, THC, Laser Pointer, V7.0 Pro Software
Hypertherm 45
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Email me at Robert@490Creations.com and I'll be glad to give you my phone number. That's easier than typing back and forth on the forum for this kind of trouble.
Bdh66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Bdh66 »

Ok thank you I will when I get off work
Bdh66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Bdh66 »

I am running design edge and I believe all the lights are on correct. If I go to test trigger the torch fires
amusick10
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by amusick10 »

G-Code issue?
Torchmate II 4x8 (Kind of...)
DIY Adjustable Height Water Table
FlashCut CNC Motors, Controller, THC, Laser Pointer, V7.0 Pro Software
Hypertherm 45
Bdh66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Bdh66 »

rdj357 got me up and going. I can not thank him enough for spending over an hour on the phone with me to set my machine up properly. Such a great community.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The idea of these posts, especially troubleshooting posts is to help educate the other members. Any chance you can fill us all in with what the troubleshooting procedure was, and what was finally done to resolve the issue? Jim Colt Hypertherm
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Jim,

I agree 100% and when someone has a specific question I always try to answer it here on the forum (or whichever forum) for the benefit of others.

That said, PlasmaCAM is a great machine but the initial settings are not explained in the least in their video manual. I walked Brian through each setup page, explaining what each setting actually does so that he can use the machine without just guessing at what he should be changing. I certainly could have just told him that Auto Cut was probably just turned off (and it was) but that wouldn't have helped him much at all.

My next video is going to be just that, a walk-through of all the settings. I've been waiting until I sprang for the Advanced Machine upgrade so that I can cover that as well but I keep talking myself out of it! As with all my videos, I will cover what the screens look like depending on what levels the user has purchased unlike PlasmaCAM's video manual where they cover it all and expect you to figure out which ones apply and which ones don't.

I'll get to it someday soon but until then I'm happy to help anyone who asks for and wants a hand getting the basic settings plugged in so they can make some nice cuts!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”