Velox Lifter PM

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Velox Lifter PM

Post by islander261 »

Hello

I have recently replaced my old Torchmate lifter with a new Velox one retaining the original SmartMotor and AVHC box. What are all of you Velox owners doing for preventative maintenance to keep it running well? I am just wiping down with a clean rag at the end of the day now and re oiling with 3 in 1 oil on the guide shafts and lead screw. TIA

John
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Velox Lifter PM

Post by SeanP »

Just been using spray grease on the linear rails and the lead screw, still seems fine after 5yrs use, I did need to replace a bearing on the lower leadscrew just recently no wonder all the water and crap down there, easily found one of those though from a skateboard, now don't laugh even the original said 'Skate.com' on it :lol:
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Velox Lifter PM

Post by islander261 »

Sean

Thanks for the reply. Please see the attached photos for the brake away torch mount I shamelessly copied from your posts. The plastic "bib" is cut from a poly bottle and really helps to keep the lifter clean. The photos show it equipped with a stepper motor that is used when running Linuxcnc. The whole Z axis is a mess right now because it carries wiring for both the Torchmate system and my still very experimental Linuxcnc system. When I get the LCNC system THC working good enough for production use it will be the end of using an external THC. The heavy lifting (major coding) on this project has been done by others, I am just one of the few that has tried actually run hardware with it.

John

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”