beveling problems, degree changing

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Tooours
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

beveling problems, degree changing

Post by Tooours »

for some reason when the torch runs one way (at 22 degrees), I get a good bevel. jog it back a few inches and return to the direction I came from......the degree of bevel changes. Also, when the degree is turned to a 37 degree bevel, you can see at various places through the cut, that the degree wanders. These are all straight run cuts for making welding coupons. TIA
Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: beveling problems, degree changing

Post by Simko »

Bad consumables (electrode). Take it out and inspect the hole. I have had that happen to me a couple times and the hole in the electrode was no longer round.
Steve

Homebrewed plasma table in the works, NSK linear rails, 3.2:1 belt reduction, CandCNC Plazpak 1A with DTHCIV Ethercut, Hypertherm 85, CommandCNC and SheetCAM
Click here for build post
Tooours
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Tooours »

3/8 plate with a Falcon FXA 3000 table with a powercut 1300 ESAB BTW I put all new consumables in as well.
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rbmgf7 »

Check the nozzle shield, too. I've had this issue where one of those tiny holes is plugged, which causes me to have terrible bevel issues.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

Center hole only on the Esab PT-37 torch. What amps are you cutting at ? Esab has a very good assortment on nozzles for that machine..Try the 50 amp ones on 3/8

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”