HT FlushCut consumables

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

HT FlushCut consumables

Post by whiskeymike »

Just read a short article on Hypertherm coming out with flushcut consumables for the 45/65 where it was only available for the 105 previously. Supposedly it bends the arc stream so it cuts the edge more flush. Has anyone tried these? What do you think?

If Jim is around, can you give us some guidance on the use? Do most folks switch to it exclusively? Or only when a square edge is important? And downsides?

I need to pick up a couple sets and try it out. Although it looks like a whole new setup.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: HT FlushCut consumables

Post by beefy »

After reading your post I Googled about them and checked out this page:

https://www.hypertherm.com/learn/applic ... h-cutting/

It appears they are only for manual use and could no way be used for free form CNC cutting. The picture on the web site pretty much says it all and how they are meant to be used.

Happy to be corrected if I got it wrong.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by whiskeymike »

Interesting. Looking at the tip, I see the angle that’s required. Odd part is this page says they are for mechanized or handheld operations. https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/custom ... nsumables/ But it looks like you might need 4th axis control to angle the torch.

Looks to be very specific applications.
hsolve
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by hsolve »

I have a set and has been used. Yes it will cut close but I found that they are 'finiky'. I have a PM125 and from memory they are to be used at the machines max rating. They leave significantly reduced amount to grind than normal tips and if used correctly will not undercut. I have only used mine for specific jobs, but I also suspect they will not last as long as standard consumables. My thoughts only, they have their used and it is another tool. The more you do with the flush cut and require this close cutting the better value they will be.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

Look awesome for hand cutting. Not sure I see an application on my CNC, though. It'd be interesting keeping them at the proper height off the item being cut.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The Flushcut consumables have had some mechanized applications using a variety of track burners, robots, pipe cutters, etc., however I don't see much for x-y cnc cutting table applications. They are a great tool for doing what they are designed for....and that is for cutting off 90 degree weldments such as lifting lugs....and leaving minimal amounts of materials for secondary grinding. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”