software choices

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
jpmreno
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

software choices

Post by jpmreno »

What do most people use to draw their designs with? I'm trying to decide on Enroute 6 or Corel draw 12.
jpmreno
ScottF
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: software choices

Post by ScottF »

I have no experience with Corel but I have heard great things. I have been learning Enroute 6 for about the last month and I have to say that it is fairly easy to learn and use. It has a great built in help feature with videos.
I don't have all the answers but I do have a lot of opinions....

ShopSabre Sidekick 8 with water table
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/machine and hand torches
IR 5hp 60 gal,+ 60 gallons of storage and aftercooler
Lincoln Square Wave 200
14x40 lathe
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I use Corel Draw for my designing and it does everything I want. I have found it easy to learn and use. You can often find older versions at a discounted price compared to the latest version. That all said, a lot of people use Inkscape, which is free. I have tried Inkscape, but I find it a little harder to use than Corel Draw.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Bobkovacs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bobkovacs »

Depends on what you're drawing. I use Inkscape for 95% of my stuff, and Fusion360 for anything that needs precise CAD-like design
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

I would go with the software your table vendor provides so you can get support. If you call them up with a problem and its software they don't provide or recommended, then you won't get support and its one of the things you are paying a premium for.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

CorelDraw 16, versions 17 &18 have more tutorials on Y/T. Check out Doug Green's tutorial channel and watch some of his vids.
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Stout »

I've been using CorelDraw for many years and am very happy with it. Unfortunately, all of my artist friends and graphic designers use Adobe Illustrator. They tell me it is the industry standard for graphic design and maintains about 95% of the market. If I did it again, I'd get Illustrator just to make my work more mainstream. They are about the same price.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”