Table double use

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
jpmreno
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Table double use

Post by jpmreno »

I have a 4x4 plasma table with water tray. I was thinking of installing a spindel to do some wood signs. Does anybody use their table like this?
jpmreno
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Table double use

Post by acourtjester »

I have mine setup to do both and it is nice to have the flexibility, I have a mounting plate on the Z axis which make it easy to swap. My wiring for the torch and router power are on a separate boom also. I swap out the water table for a platform to route on this makes clamping things down easy. I also have a dust shoe with a vacuum pickup to remove dust/plastic parts. I bought software from Estlcam for the carving, cheap and works great.
Here is a great video for sign work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_eTo8G4-vk
DSCN2699.JPG
DSCN2678.JPG
DSCN2797.JPG
DSCN2679.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

I still want to use the routing capability on my table, but I haven't come up with a good way to route on my (non removable) water tray. Slag on the slats make for an uneven surface, so (IMO) the routing base cannot just rest on the slats. I'm currently thinking of creating a "bridge" of sorts that rests on the (clean, undamaged) sides of the water table. Still, even then I'd need to surface the spoil board each time I install the routing surface, to ensure it's flat.

Honestly, I'm thinking of just getting an additional router-only setup. Maybe something like a 4x4 for now.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
steel 35
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by steel 35 »

I have attempted to use mine three times, twice I turned it on and used it the third time I didn't plug it in, plasma needed to go back on, I have started a small second table because of that.
I am thinking about switching plugs/motors; at the bladerunner between the tables.
PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!
EasyScriber

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”