No CNC table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
echosierra3
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

No CNC table

Post by echosierra3 »

I would really like to purchase some artwork and make a few things but have no CNC table as I just can't afford one now. I did scrape up enough money for a Hypertherm PM 45 tho. How do I purchase artwork, trace it to a piece of paper and then cut freehand on a piece of steel?
Granite
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: No CNC table

Post by Granite »

You can purchase at FreeDFX.com and print any design you want to trace.
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by plasmartist »

If you plan on getting into CNC in the future I would recommend you start off by learning how to draw in Inkscape. This is the program that many artists use because 1. it's FREE 2. way easy to learn 3. you can convert images to vectors. Once you learn Inkscape, then you could send your artwork to someone in your area to cut it, OR SEND IT TO ME. Or if you would like to freehand cut it, print it from inkscape and the scale will be correct.
mrbuildit
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mrbuildit »

before I got into cnc I made all of my designs in qcad then exported them into bitmap form and printed them out however big I needed. I just used the tile feature in my printing settings. did an exacto knife cut out and then stenciled it on the sheet of steel.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”