cuts not complete

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
kwertman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

cuts not complete

Post by kwertman »

I am curious what may be causing my cnc plasma to not completely cut out objects. I have a small baliegh cnc with a fixed Z axis. I am using their Ucancam program that came with the machine. I also use fusion 360 but I am having plasma cutting toolpath problems with fusion. Is there a free program available to use with a plasma cutter? I can not figure out how to set lead in cuts and lead out with u can cam. When I select lead in and lead out it adds about 300 little swiggles into the toolpath. That is not my definition of a lead in cut. So for all my cuts I have 0 lead in or out. I am using 45 amp consumables cutting at 950 mm per minute. I have also been having trouble with my torch losing fire. I am using a hypotherm 65 and it appears as though when the fan kicks on it ironically throws its fits. Ive attached picts for visual aide.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

harrymorley
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: cuts not complete

Post by harrymorley »

do you have a gap at end of loop setting ? If so , changing the value might help.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

You need to set up a lead in and lead out....at least set an overcut. I usually set about .25" overcut and the same lead in and lead out lengths.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
marcnaz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by marcnaz »

Are you sure it's not a pierce delay issue. It looks like possibly your pierce delay time is too short and the cut starts before the pierce is hardly started, much less complete. It's at least worth checking... just set the pierce delay about twice as long and make a test cut. I suppose it could be a cut issue with the cad file, but I think it's doubtful. I lead in as long as the gap would help but not actually fix the real problem if this is the case.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”