Looking for a basic set of drawings for flanges, brackets, etc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
cylehuck
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Looking for a basic set of drawings for flanges, brackets, etc

Post by cylehuck »

Hello,

I am totally new to plasma tables and in the process of helping my uncle get his JD Squared table set up in his welding shop. We have been able to create the basic shapes within sheetcam but we are ready to move on to creating our own flanges, gussets and brackets. We are looking for a basic set of drawings to load into our cad program that would give us a start so we don't have to begin from scratch for each piece. Is there a library out there that has a basic set of drawings (DXF or DWG) that we can use for welding shop applications?

I've found plenty of DXF files for the artsy stuff but we just need some basic shapes we can manipulate within the cad program to create what we want.

Thank you in advance for any information!

Cyle
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Looking for a basic set of drawings for flanges, brackets, etc

Post by _Ogre »

do a search here: there are many flanges, turbo mounts and rear end flanges already posted
you'll need to become a member to download any files from this site, well worth the cost even if you never download a file
realistically flanges, brackets and braces are simple and very basic to draw up (depending on what cad program you have)
if you're looking for dwg files i'll assume autocad for now
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I know over the years there have been many flanges, gussets and brackets posted on here. The search engine on this forum is a bit weak, so you might try using Google to search this forum for what you need. There was a post on here in the last week or so on how to do that. I've attached a random dxf from a guy on here that posted a ton of such things. So perhaps e a search for "placa" will turn up more.

Steve
placa de toyota 1.6.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
cylehuck
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cylehuck »

I really appreciate the insight gents!

This forum has a ton of great information and I have learned quite a bit already from reading all the threads.

Cyle

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”