Introduction

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Chris Slade
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Introduction

Post by Chris Slade »

Hi guys, I’m Chris. Brand new to the forum, I weld in the garage etc. for fun. Furniture and make work projects, not selling anything. I had a Lockformer 1000b table for the last 12 years and recently upgraded to a new Vicon 5x10 table. The table I mainly use for ventilation work, but I am considering doing a little hobby cutting. I mostly need to learn a drawing package so I can start creating my own files to burn, I know nothing about this. Hoping to learn from members, and help out if I can.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Introduction

Post by larrycameron44 »

Welcome aboard.
There are lots of experienced people on plasmaspider and most very willing to help out. Yes you do need to learn a drawing package, which is a 2-3 month (part time) learning curve to get you able to edit files from this site and upload others as you make them.
Some use The freebies like Inkscape and Solidworks but there are many more out there.
And if you have joined and paid the $20, there are 1000’s if free ones to download.

Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Hi Chris,
Glad to have you. Like Larry said, join the forum for $20 and you will have access to thousands of great files. I started out with Inkscape because it came on my table and I LOVE it. It's probably one of the easiest to learn and will do DXF and SVG which I prefer. You can download it for free and get started tonight and move up to something bigger and better later on. Good luck Chris.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Chris Slade
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Chris Slade »

Thanks guys. I will probably pay and join, i’d probably have to reactivity my paypal account. I do want to start creating my own files. I will watch a few video’s on Inkscape, maybe that is a good place to start.
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Welcome to the site Chris

Return to “Introduce Yourself”