Just want to say HI

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
TRAC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Just want to say HI

Post by TRAC »

Howdy, My name is Carl and I started a small fabrication shop 1 1/2 years ago out of my shop at home. I have Jet Edge 55/30 Water jet and have been doing a lot more of the metal art lately. I found this forum around a year ago and it has saved me a couple times with some files that have been shared that I have been able to use the file or the design of it. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who have put so much work into creating the files and sharing them. Hopefully someday soon I will create something that will be worth sharing and is at the same level of what you all share on this site.
Thanks again!!!!!
abcofab
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Just want to say HI

Post by abcofab »

Welcome from a fellow waterjetter. . I have used a lot of files from here & posted a few of my own . This sight is great!
What is the work envelope of a jet edge 55/30?
Omax 80X Waterjet 6 x 12 with Tilt-A-Jet
CamFive 150w Co2 Laser
Miller Mig & Tig
Whitney-Jenson 20 ton Punch Press
Atlas Lathe
TRAC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TRAC »

Thanks, It operates up to 55,000 psi with a 30hp motor. I have a 48" X 96" table with a four corner post gantry. It is an abrasive machine and I have been using Barton garnet. Up till 4 years ago I had not heard of a water jet so I am pretty new to this. I was a mechanic for 15 years at dealership when I ran into this opportunity. I quit my job 1 year and a half ago and went full time on my own. I am a job shop so I take on all kinds of different projects and materials. I have been getting into some of the metal arts and signs for fun and found it can be profitable as well.
LISA
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by LISA »

This is my favorite forum and I am a water jetter too. I am not a mechanic but I am the Business Manager for a diesel repair shop. We bought a used Flow IFB6012 w/Dynamic two and a half years ago. I happened to have AutoCad skills so I got roped in to helping. Now I am hooked! I have a lot of experience in woodworking and finishing but metal was a whole new ballgame!

This is a great forum for ideas. I have learned a lot from these guys when it comes to finishing techniques. When I have a metal question I always check here first.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”