Installing intermediate tirgger relay

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
tc rodshop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Installing intermediate tirgger relay

Post by tc rodshop »

I'm a beginner at this and could use some help. The video manual that came with my plasmacam, said I need to install a relay if I measure more then 45volt at 100ma. at the plug. I measured 6v at 190ma. My current is to high so a relay is needed I'm told. It is working right now, but I worried that it may hurt the plasmacam control unit.
Does anyone have a diagram showing how to wire the relay in? What size relay? 6 volts @ 100am,?
Can anyone help me on this.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Installing intermediate tirgger relay

Post by tcaudle »

have you contacted PlasmaCAM? That sounds like a question for them since they set the limitations and gave you the measurement method.
tc rodshop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tc rodshop »

Unfortunately, Plasma cam has been no help. I have spent $1000 to upgrade my software, But because I bought a Go Torch, That can with the plasma cam controller, and not from "plasma cam", I was told to get in touch with Go Torch who has not responded to any of my e-mails.
This is starting to turn into a nightmare.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Where did you get the information about the current drain? and ratings. How are you measuring the volts and current at plasma? . What kind of plasma and what are you trying to fire?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Sorry but what "plug" are you referring to? IS it the one on the G0Torch box or the plasma? With noting connected to it you can't measure current....
tc rodshop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tc rodshop »

Thank You for your response,
The plug that I'm referring to is the "Torch Control Connector", as talked about in the video manual, Chapter 4 - set up plasma cutter, install torch control cable.
measuring from the two 1/4-inch terminals.
My plasma cutter is a Core 1 welding, plamsa-45. My unit is working with the go torch right now. I'm worried that the .19amps is going to damage the plasma cam control unit. ( the little yellow box).
I just need a schematic on how the relay should be wired in.
Thanks

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”