Trucutcnc Series 1 or dynatorch super B?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Biscuit1979
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Trucutcnc Series 1 or dynatorch super B?

Post by Biscuit1979 »

I have been saving for a table for a while. I have enough saved up to buy a trucutcnc series 1 gantry now. Should I buy the kit and build the table or should I keep saving and buy a fully assembled table?

If I keep saving then, which is a better table, Trucutcnc Series 1 or Dynatorch Super B???

Of course whatever I go with will have a hypertherm65... I want to build BBQ grills, firepits, bumpers, etc.

Thanks in advance for any input.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Trucutcnc Series 1 or dynatorch super B?

Post by larrycameron44 »

Hi, have a quick look at J D Squared Plasma Tables. They are new to the market and so far seem outstanding. I am waiting on the International overseas models to become available. But mate , I see you have settled on a choice if 2, but might I suggest you add this to your choice. They have videos available that show what they have done in the making. I don't think you will regret comparing these.

Cheers
Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
NZ
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Interesting: you are recommending a table you have never used based on a video ? I realize that is how some people make a decision but its a lot of money to spend to find out if real life equals a slick video. Its the only way I can explain how people still buy Burntables ...but i digress.
Biscuit1979
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Biscuit1979 »

Tcaudle.... which table u recommend then? Between the 2 I asked about.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by larrycameron44 »

tcaudle wrote:Interesting: you are recommending a table you have never used based on a video ? I realize that is how some people make a decision but its a lot of money to spend to find out if real life equals a slick video. Its the only way I can explain how people still buy Burntables ...but i digress.
Tom, just saying to take a look. I have spoken to 3 fellow JDSquared Plasma table owners and they are ticked pink with how well they work. I myself have a Torchmate and so did 2 of the people who went with JD Plasma. Go have a see and tell me you are not impressed:)

Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
Biscuit1979
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Biscuit1979 »

Hey.... I am glad an elite member and a manufacture rep can't decide on a JDSQUARED table.... to bad no one will answer my question. Jim Colt answered it in private. Thank you for the help Jim Colt.

But I am still not certain on which is better, a belt driven servo motor dynatorch or a chain driven stepper trucutcnc???
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

I have a dynatorch machine. this is my second dynatorch. Customer service will be tough to beat.
I was having problems with my machine( lightning strike, obviously not dynatorchs problem) He emailed me through the weekend to get this problem diagnosed.
Aired parts for me to fix my machine. Made me feel like I was a multi million dollar company.
great company IMO.
Chris
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

With the major brand cnc tables, which both Dynatorch and TruCut (and JD Squared) can be considered, you cannot go wrong. They got where they are in the industry by taking care of their customers after the sale.

Biscuit1979, what you could do is to draw up a typical part you need to cut and have one cut on each brand table that you are considering.....compare the parts and decide from there! On the major brand tables you will likely see almost identical parts (regardless of stepper or servo, belt, chain, ballscrew or rack and pinion). The important things to efficient operation and cut quality involve 1. a good height control system, 2. Good mechanical design (no flex or backlash) and 3. CAD and CAM software that you can learn and use easily (well, 4. A good Plasma cutter). Most machine owners that are through the software / equipment learning curve will tell you that their machine is the best one. It sounds like you are within driving distance to Dynatorch , TruCut Cnc and even JD Squared. Go check them out! Jim Colt Hypertherm
smwsolutions
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by smwsolutions »

I agree with Jim that you you probably will not go wrong with a table from any of the choices you considering. It was not long ago that I went through the struggles of trying to decide on which table to get. I was impressed by the JD Squared machine videos that I watched online and even talked to Ryan at JD Square about the table and software. I think that once they have a few more revisions to their software they will be a really good choice.
The software that runs the table is a very important thing to consider when choosing which table to purchase. They are making great improvements to their software, but I did not feel like it had all the options that I wanted at the time I purchased my table.

I ended up purchasing a 5x10 Supper B from Dynatorch and I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend one of Dynatorch's tables to any one that is looking for a good table.

If you are close enough to visit any of the table manufacturers it will be well worth your time to make the trip. I made a trip out to Dynatorch before purchasing my table and I have to say that it was well worth my time to go and pretty much made up my mind to buy the Supper B while I was there.
Biscuit1979
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Biscuit1979 »

Awesome responses thanks. I do live in North Alabama and can be at any of theses manufacturers in less than 3 hours.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”