White mold spores in plasma liquid

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
jjenks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

White mold spores in plasma liquid

Post by jjenks »

My torchmate setup is a homeowner setup and is not constantly used. Lately when the liquid level gets below the support slats, a white mold spore blossoms. I am hesitant to add Clorox or ammonia due to combustible concerns. Unsightly, but doesn't seem to be a great problem, Ideas appreciated
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: White mold spores in plasma liquid

Post by jimcolt »

Google "Plasma Cutting Table additive" . You will find some commercially available additives that can help stop rust and growth in the water. I suggest the use of commercial products, be wary of home recipes for water table additives. If a chemist did not design the additive it can be cancer causing or can cause dangerous gases when combined with the UV light and electrical energy associated with plasma cutting. Jim Colt Hypertherm
jjenks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jjenks »

Thanks for the input. I've been using a synthetic coolant/inhibitor but maybe it's gotten watered down, I'll add some new and see how it goes, jjenks
Cowboykid_61
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cowboykid_61 »

I use something called "Plasma Quench". It has an biologic inhibitor and a rust inhibitor. I also change my water about every 6 months and add plasma quench every 3. It may be overkill but I would rather do that then have "floaties"!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”