It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:09 pm

make notch line

CNC Plasma Cutters are amazing and there is always plenty of knowledge to share and discuss. Use the CNC plasma cutters general forum for this purpose.
hardsteel

make notch line

Postby hardsteel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 pm

hello everybody.
please ....is there any software can help make inside bending notch line for sheet of metal that has already drawn in cad software preparing for cnc plasma or laser cutting ?
Attachments
rect6522.png

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member

Re: make notch line

Postby acourtjester » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:24 pm

just draw you line and use the no offset cut for that line in SheetCam.
If it is along line just make few short lines to cut like here
filter cover.jpg
filter cover.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 556 times

fileter cover (1).JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

hardsteel

Postby hardsteel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:56 pm

thank you acourtjester ....i think you misunderstand me ......what i mean is , some way to convert line into dash line like in the picture and can edit the gaps in in blue area and edit length on lines in red area automatically not manually and then save it in dxf .....
Attachments
ellipse6606.png

SeanP

Postby SeanP » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:27 am

If you have sheetcam you can do that by using the tab tool, just put bend lines on a separate layer in sheetcam.
Powermax 45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw X8, Solidworks
Table build gallery

acourtjester

Postby acourtjester » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:15 am

The CAD program I use is not as sophisticated as some more expensive ones. I would create a dashed line like you want to the spects you want. Like how long the cut lines are to be and how much space you want between them. Draw that line of dashes pattern to a good length and save it as a DXF file. This then can be used any time you need cut/bend lines in a file you are making. :lol:
Open one page of your CAD/drawing program and open the DXF file there. Also open another that you are doing your drawing in. When you need the dashed lines just copy them from the other page and paste them where you want them and trim to size.
Mine I can put dashes lines in the drawing but cannot change the pattern of dashes and spaces.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

hardsteel

Postby hardsteel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:28 am

The CAD program I use is not as sophisticated as some more expensive ones. I would create a dashed line like you want to the spects you want. Like how long the cut lines are to be and how much space you want between them. Draw that line of dashes pattern to a good length and save it as a DXF file. This then can be used any time you need cut/bend lines in a file you are making. :lol:
Open one page of your CAD/drawing program and open the DXF file there. Also open another that you are doing your drawing in. When you need the dashed lines just copy them from the other page and paste them where you want them and trim to size.
Mine I can put dashes lines in the drawing but cannot change the pattern of dashes and spaces.

i would like to make this fast like this software ,watch this video at the final part and you will get my point .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djl82gM7nM8

tcaudle

Postby tcaudle » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:15 am

In Both CorelDraw and Inkscape you can click on a line and redefine the line type . You have dozens or types to choose from: Dashed. dotted , etc. The there is the less obvious way of drawing a short line , duplicate and move it an offset then just hit the duplicate again and ti offsets the line the same amount on each duplicate. There are also options in both to place a duplicate in both X and Y offsets. If you need the exact feature that DesignEdge has then you may have to buy yourself a PCAM table and software.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”