Learning gcode

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Learning gcode

Post by OTHill »

Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn about gcode as it relates to plasma cutting?
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Learning gcode

Post by little blue choo »

Goggle and youtube are your friends. Tons of videos on G code. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... ZNIMTM7J8w

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

As you are learning also find out how to move around in a written G-code so if you have a problem you can backup or go to a location to start from. And you can run a G-code in Mach without being hooked to a table in a simulate mode and just watch when is going on in the display window. Learn how to add key strokes (Emulate) switch actions like ohmic sensor or floating head so when the simulation gets to a point it need a switch you just click on the key and it continues to run. (ports & pin inputs). Just remember to remove the emulating keys when you want to run normally as the emulation overrides the actual switch action..
When you find a video use this to store it on your disc. http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/help.html
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks both of you. My head is so full of getting my Ethercut going now I don't know how much more it can hold. It would be so handy to know at least the basics of Gcode.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”