cutting a plow disk

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
noplacetosail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

cutting a plow disk

Post by noplacetosail »

Have any of you plasmacut a plow disk? They are approx 18 in in diameter and have a 2 in height in the middle. I have a plasmacam and it does not seem to want to climb or dive. Any help would be appreciated.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: cutting a plow disk

Post by jimcolt »

The PlasmaCam should be able to do it.....what model do you have (98Z, DHC, DHC2). Alos what plasma are you using...I can probably help.

Jim
noplacetosail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by noplacetosail »

Thanks, I am at my wits end.
DHC2 plasmacam
Hypertherm powermax 30
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The PlasmaCam DHC2 has an arc voltage based height control with 2" of total travel......when set up and used as designed it will maintain the correct torch to work distance automatically. Do you not have the height control active? I have the same machine, but with a Powermax45.....the height control works pretty much flawlessly.

Jim
Wine Country
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Wine Country »

I have cut some discs lately myself. I am trying to duplicate some microwave dishes for a small scale 16" gauge railroad
for a friend of mine. I had problems with the arc height control on my Dynatorch using a Hyperthern 1000. I contacted Leon Drake form Dynatorch ,and he told me I would have to increase the torch height acceleration in the machine setup for the task. I did have better results after doing this. He also told me to reset the acceleration back for cutting flat sheets or I will have problems. Seems to work for me.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”