Plasmaroute still around?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Plasmaroute still around?

Post by Haasman »

I own the Blaze HD and need some tech support.
I have been calling, leaving voicemails emailing etc. with no response.
I'm looking to employ someone that knows this machine to help me get it cutting since Plasmaroute doesn't want my money. If you can help me, please text me at 706-825-9639
Thanks
Leo
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmaroute still around?

Post by motoguy »

I know John at Skunkwerks Moto in Springfield, MO has one. Check Facebook for their page. I'm not sure if they have a web page. John has a VERY strong CNC background, so if it's mechanical, he may be able to help

Also, I'm curious. What do they run for control software and THC?
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

Thanks for the reply.
I bought mine used from a local so I'm not 100% positive what they are getting for them new

Thanks again
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

John purchased their table in spring/summer of 2015. I looked at them initially, based on his recommendation. I'm in MO, Plasmaroute is in OK, so that was a bonus. I requested a quote, but didn't receive it until I had completed the purchase on my Bulltear. I don't know what controls they run, but Plasmaroute told me it was not CandCNC based. I also like Hypertherm, whereas Plasmaroute was pushing the sale on Thermal Dynamics.

All in all, sounds like I made the right choice for me. I found Brad and John (Skunkwerks) facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... abrication
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

I might reach out to him tomorrow.
I'm willing to pay someone to help me get this one up and going.
I own a Baleigh and love it but totallyyyyy different software n controller
This Plasmaroute uses sheetcam n Mach 3 which I have never used.
Defiantly familiar with CNC programming 3 4 and 5 axis machines but not sure if all the parameters etc is correct on this machine.
Machine has only about 5 hours on it but machines pc controller etc was packed up when I bought it and not sure the guy that owned it before me ever had it set up correctly. He bought it brand new turnkey from Plasmaroute.
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tirediron »

I've seen an advertisement on Facebook. Maybe try that avenue.

I've got an older Blaze machine that I've had for about 5 years. Just this past year I lost the hard drive on my shop computer. Sent numerous emails and finally got a response back from them. We set up an appointment and they helped me get everything back to working. If I wasn't so busy - 14 flat trophies for an upcoming car show I would give you a call. If you could wait a day or two so that I can get this project out the door I will try to help you - that is if I can.

You can send me an email at advdiver@1scom.net.

Gerry
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

Hey Gerry,
Thanks a bunch.
I sent you an Email.

Leo
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Here is the website for Plasma Route http://www.cncplasmacutterinc.com/

Haasman wrote:I own the Blaze HD and need some tech support.
I have been calling, leaving voicemails emailing etc. with no response.
I'm looking to employ someone that knows this machine to help me get it cutting since Plasmaroute doesn't want my money. If you can help me, please text me at 706-825-9639
Thanks
Leo
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

Hi Jim,
Is this a new website for them?
I have been emailing them from their website and calling them for approx. 5 months now and am finally giving up.
Thanks for your response Jim.
I will review the site and see if it is the same one I have been using.
Leo
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

Just tried them again for the 150th time and get nothing but a voicemail box.
As usual, I leave a voicemail for the 150th time. We will see.
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

Ok,
After long hard thoughts about it, my table is officially up for sale. I refuse to keep a machine that's company has lack of care for their machine owners. Some might have had great support from this company but I have not recieved ANY after tons of calls, emails, voicemails and Facebook messages with absolutely no response. This machine has literally approximately 10 hrs on it.
It's the 4x4 Blaze HD on casters with THC. Send text with offers and I'll text pics back. Plasma cutter does not come with it. 706-825-9639
Leo
PREMO
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PREMO »

I bought a used Plasmaroute from someone that had very, very low hours. It was not running quite right so i contacted the company. The company never responded. Waited approx a month called them back this time speaking to a woman, cant recall here name right now, however i told her that i had purchased the machine used and needed some help and would be willing to pay a one time service help or they could give me a price for a year. She said that she would email me the information and backup files I needed. It has been a few years and still have not heard from them. Asked a few people who are on this board for help, and got the help i needed, Shout out to Gerry and the others who helped me.Thank you again LOL even it its been a while. In regards to the machine itself I cannot complain about the heavy duty build of the machine nor anything else about the machine. The only complaint I have is the customer service, again the women was very polite and nice however it did not help me with the machine.
2 x 4 torchmate
4 x 4 plasmaroute
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Nicky is her name, if I recall. When I was shopping machines I called them. Spoke for a bit, requested a quote. Never received it. I figured that told me all I needed to know.
Haasman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Haasman »

Thanks for everyone's response and offers to help.
Great people here for sure, Gerry etc.
I decided to use the table and just ordered the blade runner package from CandCNC
Should be here in a few weeks. They are super helpful and informative.
Anyone else done the same?

Thanks again
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

We used to supply them with electronics but they went another path several years ago. We still do repairs on some of their older control boxes and even performed am upgrade to the new LINUX system on one. We have gooten a lot of calls from older customers that have not been able to contact them for support.

Not to offer excuses but between some health problems and a devastating loss from a Tornado of their entire home and shop, they have been struggling to hang on. I did hear from them last year but nothing since and it may have just been too much to try and recover.

In all fairness their support was marginal before the loss, so it is not all entirely due to that .

PR was always a small operation and had growing pains along the way. Support is something that exposed rapidly with you installed base. Its a lot easier to support a few dozen tables than to do hundreds or even thousands.
MVPAWARDS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MVPAWARDS »

I purchased a table from them in 2016, does anyone have a manual on their controller?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The founder and owner Steve (Nicky is his wife) passed away in 2018 and I doubt they are building tables any longer. There never was an documentation on their tables I am aware of.
Chris W
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Chris W »

Does any one have any info on the plastic torch mount that Plasmaroute used? A drawing or were they had them made?
Macmadellc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Macmadellc »

The owner designer passed away, can't get Nicky his wife to respond.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”