CandCNC THC Odd Behaviour

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
davek0974
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

CandCNC THC Odd Behaviour

Post by davek0974 »

I have a CandCNC MP3000-DTHC 2 setup.

I had a tip-saver event the other day - cutting 6mm plate and the edge lifted a bit, Tip-saver kicked in as shown by the LED on Mach3's screen, but once it kicked in and locked it did not release at the end of the cut?

Unfortunately I was chain-cutting so it had a way to go with the head locked but came out alright luckily.

However it did not release the Z axis on the next touch-off - the Z DRO was not moving neither was the Z change DRO but the Z-up and down LEDS were flashing as usual.

The only way I could release the Z axis was to restart Mach3 - clearly a PITA.

Anyone else had this??

I have got the query pin the CandCNC group and getting some help there but its heading towards a Mach issue and i'm just not convinced yet.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CandCNC THC Odd Behaviour

Post by tcaudle »

Since TIP SAVER is an anti dive based 100% on software its logical you look at that as a solution. All it does is read the Torch Volts compare it to the preset (same thing the DTHC does to decide to go UP or DOWN and if it get HIGHER than the % you have set for the Tip Saver % int he Cut Profile it triggers and stops the DOWN motion. Its done in MACH and By MACH. The indicator is from MACH. Its not a hardware related function on the DTHCII.

All of this is handled by the Plugins for MACH. and the MACH core program. So unless the torch volts display is wrong and showing too high a voltage all of the time it should not be latched on....especially with the torch off There is no "latching" mechanism in the code so as soon as the Torch Volts drops below the % of the Preset Volts you have set, it should turn off. If it does not then its software in MACH or the plugin.
davek0974
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: CandCNC THC Odd Behaviour

Post by davek0974 »

OK thanks Tom,

Its working ok again now, may have been a bad boot on Mach or something, i've had bad starts on the mill so it can happen.

The MP3000 THC is a great bit of kit.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”