Nitronic 60 material?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
TripleG
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Nitronic 60 material?

Post by TripleG »

Hello,

I have customer requesting that we use Stainless steel nitronic 60 material for their parts. Has anyone worked with this before or know anything about it? I need to get it in 3/8" square bar or in 3/8" plate. I am coming up empty handed everytime. A few material suppliers can get me round bar but that was it. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Nitronic 60 material?

Post by plasmajoe »

Nitronic 60 stainless steel provides a significantly lower cost way to fight wear and galling compared with cobalt-bearing and high nickel alloys. Its uniform corrosion resistance is better than Type 304 in most media. Chloride pitting resistance is superior to Type 316. Room temperatrue yield strength is nearly twice that of Types 304 and 316. In addition, Nitronic 60 stainless steel provides excellent high-temperature oxidation resistance and low-temperature impact resistance. Is this the alloy you are looking for? I get Nito-60 from Magellan Industrial Trading Company there phone number is 1-203-838-5700 they are located in Coneticut USA.

Hope this helps you out, TripleG.

Plasma Joe
Loyd

Post by Loyd »

Another razzle-dazzle answer from the King! Nice work Joe! You are on it! I thought I was doing something when I was machining Carpenter High Permeability 49 for Maverick Missle parts..... :)
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

Oh Man! How I would love to work on missiles and of course fire the darn things to blow something up...LOL I have a huge ant hill in my back yard maybe that will do the trick.

Plasma Joe
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

plasmajoe wrote:Oh Man! How I would love to work on missiles and of course fire the darn things to blow something up...LOL I have a huge ant hill in my back yard maybe that will do the trick.

Plasma Joe
Off topic, but...

My little brother is an engineer at Redstone in Huntsville. During the first Gulf war, when they had an unexpected result in firing a multiple launch missle system, they would have him pack up and head for the desert (NM) to see what went wrong.

Of course, this meant recreating the problem, which meant firing the thing over and over again until the problem showed up. Sometimes it never did.

He said that it got boring after a while.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

TripleG - Google HP Alloys in Indiana. They may be able to help you with material.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
TripleG
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TripleG »

Thank you all for the help I really appreactie it!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”