Looking for railing panels

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Kibby
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Looking for railing panels

Post by Kibby »

Hi all. I'm getting request from customers for railing panels, so far I have been drawing my own but would like to enlarge my collection quickly so if you all know where I can purchase cut ready files I would love to hear about it. I am aware of Freedfx.com but looking for other sources.

Also to anyone who makes railing panels what thickness material do you typically use for them and why? How do you guys calculate your price?

Thank you
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Looking for railing panels

Post by DXF »

Try looking right above your post.

Dave Hanks
Kibby
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Kibby »

Yea thanks bud.... was kinda looking for sources other than was is obviously here.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Not DXF, but for tons of decorative flourishes, flora, ornate letters, and themed shapes check out the artwork collections at www.vectorart.com. You can purchase by the piece or in dozens and get them cheaper. The formats are EPS and AI which can import into several of the drawing programs and maintain all of the arcs and complex curves. There lots of free sources but often they need some cleanup before they can be used. Since the vectorart files are done in vector to begin with and are really clean (used by sign shops and artists) they are easy to edit, weld, and adapt to plasma. Vinyl Cutters are in a lot of ways like plasma cutting in that you have parts that "drop out" (its called "weeding" in the sign industry) so its easier to adapt to plasma cutting.
Kibby
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Kibby »

Thank you! That's a great site.
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by allan101 »

Try redpup.com they have some awesome railing software