For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
divedog
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by divedog »

Hello everyone!! Just wanted to say that I am new to this particular industry and welcome all suggestions and direction. I'm a retired firefighter and also have a Federal Firearms License so I will be doing some steel targets and such. I bought a 2 year old Plasmacam DHC2 and a new Hypertherm 1000. Please send any thoughts, good or bad, to me so my learning curve will be less. From what I have seen so far the people on this board are great and will help you with just about anything. I have already downloaded a couple of art files and will post a few in the next few weeks. I used to own a screen printing shop and did my own graphics so I have a computer full of files ready to convert over. Let me know if I can help anyone, I believe in helping those who help others. Thanks, Blaine
Loyd
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie

Post by Loyd »

Hey Blaine, Welcome aboard! Don't be afraid to ask for help. We all like firearms around here. I made a shooting tree with my plasmacam and really enjoy it!
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Welcome, lots of good guys on this board with great ideas. The thing I encounter with my plasma machine is there are so many possibilities my brain some times goes in to vapor lock and can't think of what to do first.
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by trucks1948 »

Welcome,one of the first things i cut on my plasma was a set of swinging targets for my grandkids bb guns.I run a hypertherm 1000 also and love it.Anything i can help with just ask.Jim
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

Welcome abord Blaine, you will love this site, everyone is so helpful and will go to great length to help you out on any project or problem you may have. You will not regret joining this site. Retired eh? Well I will retire soon ( 2 years left) and will be able to enjoy my Taurus 2000 full time.

Plasma Joe

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”