Quick Plasmacam pricing of jobs

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Sheffibilt
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Quick Plasmacam pricing of jobs

Post by Sheffibilt »

Good afternoon folks. I need your help once again. I have looked on here and other sites for pricing of pierce pts and cut inches for my plasmacam. I am using a hypertherm 45. I have seen prices from one of the spectrum to the other. Could you please tell me what you charge? Thanks
KM Koncepts
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Quick Plasmacam pricing of jobs

Post by KM Koncepts »

Sheffibilt wrote:Good afternoon folks. I need your help once again. I have looked on here and other sites for pricing of pierce pts and cut inches for my plasmacam. I am using a hypertherm 45. I have seen prices from one of the spectrum to the other. Could you please tell me what you charge? Thanks

If you do a search for "plasma spreadsheet/worksheet", there is a downloadable spreadsheet with price per linear cut inch and pierce costs. A very good starting point.
KMW Fabrication
http://www.kmwfabrication.com

Hypertherm powermax85
Arclight Dynamics ArcPro12000
Sheetcam
Fadal CNC VMC
Sheffibilt
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Sheffibilt »

Thank you sir.
VPT
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by VPT »

For a quick simple figuring out of pricing I just figure out price of material used (and usually double it) and then pierces used to make the part (usually comes out to around $0.50-$1 a pierce depending on thickness). The actual cut lengths don't usually make much difference. Now obviously this doesn't work out well every time but it does work well for a quick estimated figure.

Material cost x 2 + pierce quantity = $$$
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Most retail customers won't hang around for a bid if you start counting pierces and figuring artwork. If you can't look at something and a final size and give them a price you will end up losing most customers. OTOH if you are quoting a job of lots of parts for a commercial account and have to really sharpen your pencil to be competitive, you have to think of everything. You should know after some time about how long a specific sized design will take and you know how much material. You also work on the average so that you may make more on some simpler jobs and less on others.

If a person walks in your shop or calls you and wants to discuss a custom one time job and you let them walk out or hang up without a really good idea of the cost and the time you will seldom ever hear from that customer again. Its kinda like when you are shopping on the Internet and the price shows to be "Call for Quote". I automatically think that the price will be so high they need a sales person to close the deal. Just me, but you don't want to lose customers if you cannot work the numbers in your head.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”