Downdraft design???

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
PFD402
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Downdraft design???

Post by PFD402 »

I'm trying figure out how to design a 4'x8' downdraft table. I have a 3900 CFM / 2" S.P. blower that I will use. I want to be able to cut small pieces without needing to cover the unused area of the table to capture the smoke. I know large tables are zoned, but a lot of companies offer smaller tables that are not zoned and they claim there is no need to cover unused areas of the table.

Obviously, I can just have one suction hole at the end of the table. I need a design that distributes the suction across the entire cutting area. I'm open to any and all ideas. Pictures would be great!
see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Downdraft design???

Post by see&see »

PFD, Check out this thread, it has just about what you're looking for... 3900 CFM is plenty with a 20" duct.. I'm not sure about the "2" S.P. Blower."
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”