Arclight Versus Tracker - Help

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
barshoe
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Arclight Versus Tracker - Help

Post by barshoe »

Considering a 4x4 plasma table and have reviewed online what Arclight and TrackerCNC have to offer. Arclight uses a water table and the Tracker Nitro doesn't come with the downdraft system (their Pro model does) so I'll need to add one. Wanted to find out what folks think about the pros/cons of a water table/downdraft system and thoughts on Arclight and Tracker products. Not sure about the propriety software Tracker uses (Command'nCut & CorelX6). I am familiar with the software Arclight offers (Mach 3 and Sheetcam). Appreciate any input provided.
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Arclight Versus Tracker - Help

Post by Team Tracker »

Here is a thread with an informative post from Jim Colt of Hypertherm on the water table vs downdraft topic which may be what your looking for http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ray#p62036
1-800-590-7804
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Hi Barshoe, I run a arclight 9600 with a water table and love it. I get very good cut quality and very little smoke in the shop. My arclight came with Sheetcam, Mach 3, Inkscape and Solid edge 2 already installed. I put it into operation in April and have nothing but praise for arclight and their tech support. I started knowing nothing about CNC and with the training given to me at arclight and there extensive library of training video this journey has been very easy. Don't think I could have done it with the videos. Good luck.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
seajinx
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by seajinx »

I can't speak for Tracker, but I an give an honest opinion on the ArcLight. I received mine in August of last year and had no concept or experience on running A CNC table. But with the ArcLight 12000 I purchased, I'm happy with mine and enjoy the support, tutorials and the way My system is running. I purchased all the bells and whistles with Mine and can happily say I don't regret buying an ArcLight System. about the only regret I have, is, I didn't buy it a couple of years earlier.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

These companies are both good choices. I strongly suggest you look at the software and operating screens with each. This is the biggest learning curve area and it is important to get the software you are most comfortable with. Again, either machine / company are good choices.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”