powermax 1100

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

powermax 1100

Post by CPK_Jim »

I got a call from someone who has a powermax 1100 they are thinking about selling and he said make him an offer. So im trying to decide if I want it, and what I should offer. I have an everlast power plasma 70 on my table now. It cuts ok, but I am wondering if the hypertherm would have a nicer cut. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: powermax 1100

Post by jimcolt »

The 1100 was a short lived plasma in the Hypertherm product line. It is an 80 amp unit that was available prior to the introduction of the Powermax1250. If it is in perfect condition it is worth maybe 800 to 1200. If it has had a torch upgrade to the T80 or M80 torches that is a bonus.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

CPK_Jim wrote:I got a call from someone who has a powermax 1100 they are thinking about selling and he said make him an offer. So im trying to decide if I want it, and what I should offer. I have an everlast power plasma 70 on my table now. It cuts ok, but I am wondering if the hypertherm would have a nicer cut. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

Thanks Jim!!

I am going to check it out tomorrow. Im mainly going to look at if the torch has been upgraded, cut quality, and cut speed compared to my powerplasma 70. Im thinkn the hypertherm has a better cut at a faster rate. Im guessing the upgraded torch has a better cut than the original?

Jim
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The original torch cut pretty well (Powermax1100) but it was some different technology called "blow forward" design. Instead of a moving electode (blowback) the nozzle was spring loaded and had to move from internal air pressure to ionize the plasma jet. Those torch designs were nowhere near as reliable as the blowback torches....which is what the torch upgrade would be.

The idea of the blow forward torch design was with better electrode cooling....the electrode screwed into the torch body for more efficient heat transfer. With the newer technology, blowback torches...there is better cooling technology designed into the electrode in the form of a heat exchanger.

Jim Colt

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”