misc. wood splitter mods

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Russ K
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

misc. wood splitter mods

Post by Russ K »

Some modifications I made to my splitter after a years use (10 cords). Added an extended log shelf so you can slide a split half to the front while you work on the first half. Saves dropping it and then having to pick it up again. I left it solid (without lightening holes) so no debris would drop through onto the motor and air intake canister. The shelf also protects the motor from an errant log. The fenders were added so it could be towed on the road. Added a wheeled tongue jack. I also added a hydraulics guard plate. Since I load the logs from this side it protects the filter, pump and hose fittings from a fumbled log or a half that slips off the rail. None of the mods hinder use in the upright position. all parts but the jack were plasma cut. I did cut the backer plate for the jack mount bolts also. Maybe will add a skid plate under the hydraulics but I have yet to use the splitter in a rough place. Just fun things to do in some spare time. One heck of a splitter by the way! RK
Attachments
20180605_105245.jpg
20180605_105149.jpg
20180605_105038.jpg
ISUWIZ
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: misc. wood splitter mods

Post by ISUWIZ »

Nice work as always Russ!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”