More coasters!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

More coasters!

Post by Scratch »

Seeing the other thread about metal coasters reminded me of some coasters I've made in the past and thought maybe some others could use the design. I'm not at home right now so I can't upload the cut files for them, but it's a pretty simple drawing and I'm confident anyone on here should be able to draw them up.

Excuse the poor quality pictures… I couldn't find any better pictures of them, so I used my phone to take pictures of old pictures off my FB page, but I think you can get the idea. I finish these off by getting some cork sheeting from the hobby store, then I spray the underside with spray adhesive, (don't spray the cork or the cork letters will be sticky!) then I attach the cork to the underside of the coaster. It helps soak up the condensation, and protects the table top. I've made these for events like the C4C (Crawl 4 the Cure) also in other vehicle logos. I make the gear out of quarter inch steel, and the logo from some thinner stuff like 14 or 16 gauge.

For other ideas, I have also enlarged the design and made a few larger signs, like this 12 inch jeep sign.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Bobkovacs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: More coasters!

Post by Bobkovacs »

NIce. So are you setting the thinner inside piece in the bigger piece and tack welding them together?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Bobkovacs wrote:NIce. So are you setting the thinner inside piece in the bigger piece and tack welding them together?
I make the thinner piece a little larger than the hole in the thicker piece, it goes under (behind) the thicker piece and I tack weld it from behind then grind it flat.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Robert
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Robert »

that looks great

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”