New here, but have pics of projects!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New here, but have pics of projects!

Post by blu_fuz »

Sandblast cabinet, all sheet metal cut by the table:

Custom signs for personal use, copy written itmes not for sale:

Car show award plaques, only have a pic of one:
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: New here, but have pics of projects!

Post by CPK_Jim »

Nice work!! I like that blast cabinet, that is the design that I am thinking about building for my upgrade. I currently blast large objects in my blast room but its dirty job, a bigger cabinet would be nice.

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice...thanks for the pictures!

admin
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

Great projects and very nicely cut too. How did you texture the skull?
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

If you want the sheet metal dwg's for the blast cabinet, just ask - I will send them your way. Finished dimentions are 6' long, 4' tall, 3' deep FYI

The texture is metallic bronze hammertone powder coat. I do powder coating out of my garage for fun. The work I get helps support my car-part addiction :lol: . It just so happens to be that the place I work at got this Messer HPR260 cnc plasma cutting machine and
no one knows how to use it but me, so they figure the more I practice the better I get. SO, I just dabble and design/cut random things for free.

Thanks for checking out my stuff, I hope to learn and share lots more here!

Here is my big powder coating oven that still needs to be wired up:

blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

Almost done ;)

fitzy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by fitzy »

those are some sweet pics and is that oven home built just curious I've been wanting to try and build one myself but don't know where to start. I too would like to get the plans on that blast cabinet very nice. looks as though you've dabbled well :lol:
-fitzy-
It ain't braggen if you can back it up!
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

I have a couple of ? for you since I plan on building both of these in the next 6 months
1. what kind of sand blaster do you plan on using? I would assume a suction / siphon set up to reclaim the media
2. I have heard of putting a large magnet somewhere in the cabinet to filter out metal and rust from the media. would this work?
3. where did you get your insulation for the oven? I have had trouble locating a supplier for ceramic wool.
4. back to the blast cabinet where is your dust vacuum going to go? I don't see and provision for this.
5. where do you plan on getting the heating elements and control panel from?
thanks any help would be appreciated.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

OH Yea
Really nice work.
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

1. siphon set up
2. yes, using a large/high strength magnet would grab on to metal debris you don't want running through the gun
3. no need for ceramic wool, but if you are set on getting it (very expensive) call a local stove facilitly. They will have the door gaskets and the wool you want. I used regular R-15 house insulation with the paper pulled off. If you ever open up a standard kitchen oven, you will see why you don't need ceramic wool.
4. we will be using a small shop vac for the dust. You can see the hole in the upper right hand corner of the back wall of the blaster. Kinda small for now, but I can always make it bigger
5. I am using the guts from an electric house oven for it. I will use the top and bottom elements wired in series and hopefully that will heat it up enough. If not, I will have an insulated shelf that I can block off sections of the big oven that I am not using. Check craigslist for cheap electric ovens and you will actually find some that are free. Wire up your 220 and you are good to go ;)

That should get you in the right direction. The sheet metal for the oven is 18ga BTW with 3" thick walls. You can use steel studs to frame your walls with which would give you a nominal size of 3.5" thickness.

Hey fitzy, send me your email addy for the blast cabinet DWGs. They will get you close enough to start rolling on your project ;).
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.
Hope to have my pics up by the end of the summer.
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

Nice work!!! just curious, how big is that oven? I built a 3'x5'x6' most build 4x4x7 I wanted to be different...lol also I'm not sure the 2 elements will heat your space sufficiently you may have to add 2 more but the seperation idea is a good one. I did that with mine and it works great! I also used 2 seperate controls that way I can use it as 1 big oven or 2 smaller ones that really comes in handy. And yes you are correct the fiberglass holds up just fine and is way cheaper! another idea is some sort of air circulation to combat hot spots....

I really like that blast cabinet!!!! I will pm you with my email for those plans thanks in advance for that!!

Jim
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

Morning guys! I sent the emails out with the plans for the oven and the blast cabinet. This should get you guys rolling on you projects ;) .

PS, I like this site and group of people. Thanks for the warm welcome!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your the man blu_fuz. These guys are pretty excited about your projects.

Glad to have you on board.

admin
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

I just had another project someone asked for. It will be a layered design like the Milwaukee brewers logo shown in my first post.

Here is the jpeg he sent me:

This is what I drew in autocad:

blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

Cut that design and powder coated it chrome. The skull was too small for the plasma so he will get a decal made.

Finally got some business cards made for my powder coating business too, they are fantastic!

CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

Cards look nice!! Good luck with the venture, Its rough out there these days.

Jim
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

I am soooo busy with powder coating since winter began. I have done a few thousand in small jobs this winter. Running it out of my home with no overhead makes this the ideal part time job for me. I love that I am so efficient at it now compared to when I first started. I was powdering everything in my basement and then walking it out to the garage to bake. I just bought my new powder coating booth :lol: , not kidding either. I will store the powder in my basement but no more powdering down there, it is just too messy. I have a plastic booth down there but I just want it out of the house. I am using more than half of this 8.5'x12.5' shed for the powdering soon.

The Powder coating paid for my shed and for me to insulate, plywood, and light my garage :mrgreen:

shed:

22'x29'garage:
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

You must have been doing all small parts, I cant see you pcing a motorcycle frame in your basement and then carrying it to the garage to bake... lol... that would be fun on a windy day......... Just curious how do you advertise? My main problem since I started has been trying to get the word out to the right people, the people that still have $ and are working on things. The economy in this area is real shaky....

Jim
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

Automotive forums. All my car buddies have their cars stored and apart in winter for modding and such. What better time to send parts out for powder coating when you are not driving the car anyway. All of it is small items, no moto frames yet.

You need to get personal with people and their parts. I feel that leaving the "door open" for pricing is a customer deterrant. I am not going to bother calling you for a price. Tell me what I am going to start with on the web site. DON'T OVERCHARGE! Even if you think you are giving them a good deal, think about it from their perspective, "how much would I spend" kind of attitude. That is why my prices are so low as well. I wouldn't pay more than what I offer because I would rather chance my parts with a spray can than to take a huge chunk out of my wallet. Run silly 10%-15% off specials that don't really hurt you to do and run them for a month. Remind people that you can coat ANYTHING in metal, door knobs, cabinet hardware, automotive parts, farm equiptment, antiques, that old rusty stapler, etc..

Check out the original ad for my coating:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=27135
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

Nice, your pricing is actually pretty close to what I charge. And crazily enough I also have a few local forums where I pick up most of my biz and then it just kinda is snowballing as people that arent on the net see it, then they want some too.. :lol: It seems that you have tackled one of my biggest problems I have with the forums, distance. Your prices are return ship included?
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

Yep, all the prices are blasted, coated, and return shipped. Set up a business account with UPS or FEDEX. It is a lot cheaper to ship anything over 7# through UPS than USPS. Ups will only charge by weight up to a certain size. I can ship 45# of brake parts for $15-20 anywhere in the US.
mdespain
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mdespain »

Can you post the dxf file for this project?
blu_fuz wrote:I just had another project someone asked for. It will be a layered design like the Milwaukee brewers logo shown in my first post.

Here is the jpeg he sent me:

This is what I drew in autocad:

jim fry
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jim fry »

Do you have the DXF file for that it's five O clock somewhere beer bottle?
blu_fuz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by blu_fuz »

Whoa! I havn't been on in awhile but I am glad to see you guys are checking out my stuf. I don't know how to DXF a drawing here. I can email the DWG files to anyone who wants them. PM me your email address.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”