REDUCE YOUR PICTURE SIZE!!!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
admin
Site Admin

REDUCE YOUR PICTURE SIZE!!!

Post by admin »

Hey everyone. Glad to see so many are participating and uploading project pictures. One thing I have noticed is that the physical size of a lot of the pictures is very large making it difficult to see your work without scrolling around the screen.
For everyone's viewing pleasure it's best to reduce the physical size of your pics to roughly 400-500 pixels wide. This can be easily done in any photo editing application and will better showcase your work. Try that out and keep the pictures coming!

admin
williamd
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: REDUCE YOUR PICTURE SIZE!!!

Post by williamd »

Better yet get a free account and post the image on www.photobucket.com

Everyone can keep their photos the original size and take a load of the forums servers.... ;)
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

Or, what I do and alot of you can do also. I made a folder for forum post stuff on my website server. I then upload whatever I want, to the folder and then when I post in the forums I just create a link to the file(picture) that i want to post. But I do still have to resize them before uploading to the folder. I find this easiest for me becuz I am on many other forums and and post many of the same pictures on them. One other benefit I have found over using photo bucket is that I can delete, edit or change them anytime I want.

Jim
elkriverfab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by elkriverfab »

I know this is an old post but in the past I have used a free download called easythumbs.

Just type in easythumbs and there is a site called easy thumbnail software by fookes.

It allows you to choose the size of your photos and save them in the size you choose.

Just wanted to share.
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

And I'll throw my two cents into the mix too. If you don't have a server, and don't want to learn some new software... you got a facebook account don't ya? Of course you do silly, every poor sap on the planet does! It's how the gubment reads our thoughts and controls our lives...

Creat a photo album called uploads and upload to that. Choose "SKIP" when it asks to publish to your page so people don't ask "What's this?" and stuff. Then right click on the picture, hit properties, then simply copy and paste the URL it gives you.
Just make sure to put some random description for each picture so if people do happen to come accross that album, they get all messed up... ;)
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
caretech
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by caretech »

Scratch wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:05 am you got a facebook account don't ya?
Nope! I don't do FB and don't intend to start. They need fewer users, not more. I do agree, however, that it's good for a variety of reasons to resize pictures before posting online -- even if you host them at a third-party site and link to them. Not everyone who views the forum has fast and / or unmetered connections...

Here's a list of options for free image resize software... pages like this are a quick "DuckDuckGo" away.

https://listoffreeware.com/free-open-so ... e-windows/
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

When necessary, I use IrfanView to resize photos. It's a free download and useful for much more than resizing images.
https://www.irfanview.com/
David
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

NOPE, I don't and WON'T have Facebook. I take all my pics with my cellphone and downsize them when I send them to my PC. Works neater than socks on a rooster.

Allen
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

abmetal wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:27 am NOPE, I don't and WON'T have Facebook. I take all my pics with my cellphone and downsize them when I send them to my PC. Works neater than socks on a rooster.

Allen
Yes - that is what I do as well with photos I take with my cell phone. Resize,then email them to my computer. I do store many photos on Google Drive - it's free and works great for sharing. Tom was the one that put me onto Google Drive. I don't do Facebook in the traditional sense, but I do belong to several Facebook Groups for Plasmacam and cnc machines. These are great places to learn and share information about plasma cutting, diy cnc machines, etc.

David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”