Camo-Dip Without a Tank!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Camo-Dip Without a Tank!

Post by steelfx »

Hi Everyone!

I've been experimenting a LOT with the Clear Polymer Gel, making Abstract Art Patterns in the Gel directly on the steel, or by transferring the cured, patterned Gel sheets to steel and other surfaces.

Then, I got the "bright idea" to use some hydrographics film I had in my paint cabinet for about 3 years, as a substitute color pattern, not involving any alcohol inks (stains) or Dyes.

The photos show it completed and dry...ready for a clear-coat. I should get that done later this week.

I uploaded a video of the process to my site (Video #33) and to YouTube at: https://youtu.be/aD28qoW2hcw

Note: I did the tank method on a few items a few years back & did NOT develop a fondness for the process. This Tankless Method is Fool-Proof & Kinda fun!

Thanks!

Bill
cam-dip rifle stock_steelfxpatinas.com.img.jpg
camo-dipped rifle stock.  Tankless Method_resized.jpg
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Camo-Dip Without a Tank!

Post by WyoGreen »

Thanks Bill, that came out pretty nice! Something else to try out when I get time. ;)

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
shinertx
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Camo-Dip Without a Tank!

Post by shinertx »

BILL, IT IS LIKE ANYTHING ELSE THE KEY IS PREP,PREP & PREP AND THAN DIP, RINSE AND CLEAR. YOU CAN DO SOME GREAT THINGS WITH THE HYDRO FILM MIXED WITH SOME OF YOUR DYES.
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”