desk nameplates.....

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Loyd
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

desk nameplates.....

Post by Loyd »

People really like these things. Here are a couple of different designs that customers wanted.
Ya'll make some money! I charge $25.00 painted (rattle can). 16 ga.
Loyd
Attachments
100_0909.JPG
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: desk nameplates.....

Post by AnotherDano »

What do you use for the bending, Loyd?

I need to look into getting a bender - badly.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Loyd

Post by Loyd »

There is a place nearby me that buys out at auction plants that are closing. Most of the stuff is 3 phase so it is cheap and I just build a rotary phase converter and away I go! I found an assembly press, which is a press used to just assemble parts without a whole lot of pressure. I bought that and one of those roll, press and shear tools from Tractor Supply. I took off the brake and die assembly part and mounted it to the assembly press after taking off all the extra stuff and basically made a light tonnage brake press. I really need a 40 ton or so press but that will have to wait.
In order to bend stuff like this you could build an H frame press really easy and use a hyd cylinder and a motor with a power steering pump for the hydraulic unit. At a shop I used to work at we had a setup like that and used it to press bearing races into hubs.
Just google "homemade press brake" you will get lots of pictures and ideas.
Loyd
anvilhead
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by anvilhead »

Loyd those are really great. But you just got me in trouble with the Misses. I made the butterfly name plate for her and now she wants one of each in your photo for her and her sisters. Any chance you could share the files for the other designs? I will be indebted to you for your generosity. I do blacksmith work and the butterfly name plate that I made for my wife was made out of 11ga steel - I warmed the piece with a torch to about 120 degrees and using a brass brush - rub the piece while hot ( too hot and the brass will burn off) and when finished the piece looks like bronze and clearcoat. Love your work. Thanks. CG
There is plenty of room at the top - and the top is where you want to be. Whenever you do a project - do the hardest part first and the rest will be easy.
Loyd

Post by Loyd »

I posted under dxf sharing. That is a cool way to color steel. I have a young friend that is a blacksmith. Makes old flintlock rifles from scratch and has sold some for several thousand dollars. He wrote an article in Muzzleloader magazine Jan/Feb 2007. His father and I were in the Corps together. I taught him some machining skills when he was young and he took off with the blacksmith stuff. He worked with Hershel House for a while.
Loyd

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”