verticle offset smoker

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
jcoronado1221
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

verticle offset smoker

Post by jcoronado1221 »

Has anyone built a verticle offset smoker? In need of help and plans on how to build a 20x20x30 verticle offset smoker. Don't know what firebox dimensions should be and the intake opening between firebox and chamber should be.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: verticle offset smoker

Post by 762frmafr »

I have built a horizontal reverse flow offset smoker.

http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.p ... ker#p61683
elkriverfab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: verticle offset smoker

Post by elkriverfab »

jcoronado1221 wrote:Has anyone built a verticle offset smoker? In need of help and plans on how to build a 20x20x30 verticle offset smoker. Don't know what firebox dimensions should be and the intake opening between firebox and chamber should be.

I am building one for my father right now.
It is being made from steel pipe scrap sections rolled from 1/4 inch plate.

Basically new left over pipe cuts that were not used and resold as scrap. About three foot round give or take in diameter.

I bought them in five foot lengths and cut them down to the sizes I wanted the fire box, center cooking section and vertical tower to be.

It will be reverse flow and chambered in the bottom of the center section to create the reverse flow.

If you would like I can pm you some pics of what it looks like right now. All three sections were welded together yesterday and awaiting legs and wheels.

I am guessing it is around 600 lbs or so right now and this does not include the chamber, cooking grates or fire box door with draft control. I am going to have to use the engine hoist to get it up in the air for final essembly.

At least you could look at it and see if it is what you are looking for or spark some ideas of your own.

Just let me know and I can get a few pics of it to you.
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”