George Beal Auto

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
rpage
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

George Beal Auto

Post by rpage »

A good friend of ours owns a garage where he does auto repair. His old plywood sign was so bad after years and years of hanging in the weather that George took it down. He asked us if we would be interested in making him a new sign. So we did and it sorta exceeded even our expectations!

I laid out the design and cut it with our Samson table. It took one full 5 x 10 sheet of 14 gauge. Once it was cut and test fit together, we took it to our local vo-tech school to see if the auto-body shop would be interested in doing the painting. We wanted the sign to have a nice automotive finish and figured it would be a great project for the kids at the school.

My son took this class and we had become good friends with Jim Shesko the instructor. He really liked the sign and was happy to take on the project. A local company that builds fire trucks donated the red paint. Get this, the red paint takes 24 hours to dry at 100 degrees! Boy does it look nice.

Ok, now the special project?. George has been a good family friend for many many years. We decided to do something special for George and when I found the 57 chevy file here on plasmaspider ( http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.p ... hevy#p1544 ) I knew what we would make him!

Once cut, I asked Jim Shesko about the 57 and he was more than willing to take a stab at custom painting it. And I have to tell you folks, everyone that has seen this piece has been stunned. Let me know what you think!

I forgot to take the photo of ?George? but it looks just like Beal and Auto. I will take a photo of the completed sign after it is hung.

Enjoy!

Rick
Attachments
Beal.jpg
Auto.jpg
57ChevySm.jpg
Jim-57Chevy.jpg
Last edited by rpage on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: George Beal Auto

Post by jim »

Hey Rick
I am also stunned :o Thats the car I posted earlier You did a great job. I have cut that car many times and just painted them black. You have set the standard now on painting.Did they air brush it ? Great job would like to see a picture of the sign up.
Jim(murals in metal)
rpage
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: George Beal Auto

Post by rpage »

yes he airbrushed it. I never expected the level of detail he painted. I figured it would look nice because Jim is a good painter/auto body guy. but wow...

I will post photos when the sign gets installed. may not be till spring with the way the weather is around here.

Thanks for the comments and file!

Rick

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”