Problem has me stumped

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
Furniture guy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Problem has me stumped

Post by Furniture guy »

Found this site recently and from the looks of things I'm sure someone can help me. I have a Precision Plasma 4x8 table with CandCNC electronics running Command CNC. Hypertherm 65 with machine torch. Everything has been cutting great until I fired it up one day and the volts readout for the THC flashes a number then stays on zero. I can cut fine with the THC shut off but not so much with it on. Pierce height and cut height are right on to specs. If I try to run a file with THC on the readout flaches volts for a split second and then stays at zero. Everytime it starts a new cut it flashes a reading (say 125 volts) and drops to zero. Hoping someone can help me as I've run out of options.
I read 3 volts coming out of the Hypertherm CPC plug when I fire the torch and I've replaced all the consummables a couple of times. No luck
Thanks
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Problem has me stumped

Post by acourtjester »

you should contact CandCNC but sounds like you interface with the hypertherm has failed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

We have a very active and monitored Support Forum where we can do diagnoss and things to check. We have humans that answer the phone and support our products.
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Stout »

You can check to see if the voltage divider is operating properly first. Hypertherm tech support can help there. Check it at the the wiring to the THC input. If you have no arc voltage, it's either the wiring or the divider. It just helps to narrow the scope of problem areas.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

There are test buttons on the PWM sender unit that eliminates the whole DTHC/cable/computer side.
Furniture guy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Furniture guy »

I've been in touch with CandCNC and am sending in the interface board and pc to be looked at. Very helpful people there just like everyone on this board.
attila0216
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by attila0216 »

Did the problem got solved? Waht caused this 0 volts?
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

Did you ever get this solved? I am looking at building using the same components you used "Precision Plasma 4x8 table with CandCNC electronics". Would you buy it again?
DMoneyAllstar
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by DMoneyAllstar »

3.5yr with CandCNC bladerunner automation bundle and only issue I've ever had was the PWM module, specifically the 3.5mm cable connector once used. I bought the updated version with the more standard plug type.

Other than a power supply on my Dell tower PC taking a dump once, it's been nothing but fun. I built the table and assembled / customized an old version gantry from PPLLC.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”