Delayed Torch Fire

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
Mr. Fixit
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Delayed Torch Fire

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Hello,

I am running a Bladerunner from CandCNC. Looking for some direction to evaluate the following issue.

Although it may be a complete coincidence as my table was working just fine, I recently made some changes which included material load settings and adjusted the homes. I loaded a file and proceeded to execute it. The Z did the normal touch without issue, the air came on and it started to run the first part of the code string and continued to move several lines prior to the torch firing. I let it run and it did this after every touch off. I figured that it was a bad file or something that came out of sheet cam although I never had that issue, so I loaded a couple of other files that I had previously cut in the past without any problem and they did the same thing. I am baffled and don't know where to begin. I have checked and replaced the consumables just to take that out of the equation. Any suggestions are appreciated. The attached file shows (more or less) where the torch fired as compared to the screen which shows that metal should have been cut already.

Thank you,

Steve

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Delayed Torch Fire

Post by plasmanewbie »

Sounds like a missing or too low pierce or dwell delay time. What plasma cutter are you using?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Delayed Torch Fire

Post by tcaudle »

1. The motion should NEVER start until you have a valid Arc ok. It sounds like you may have changed the C-Home Hold INPUT in the Configurator to something other than the "THC hold (feed inhibit) When you fire the torch it should instantly turnon the HOLD (screen and on the DTHC module) and only release motion when it has a valid Arc OK. There may be other things you have changed if its not firing the torch.
NOTE : Not all input settings will match what you may have.
Screenshot-109 .png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CandCNC Forum”