z axis touch off speed

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

z axis touch off speed

Post by plasmartist »

Simple question, is there a way to change the touch-off z axis speed? I have played around a bit and haven't quite figured it out yet. I have the candcnc bladerunner with ohmic sensing running with linuxcnc, and use sheetcam for gcode. My machine is taking close to 4 seconds per touch off, which when I run the math equates to almost as much time as it is cutting.
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: z axis touch off speed

Post by plasmartist »

Well I found the way to change touch off speed. For anyone else who doesn't already know, the setting is in linuxcnc, select manual then there will be the touchoff speed. Mine was set at 20 ipm, not sure what others are setting theirs at, I changed mine to 50 ipm so we'll see how much faster I can crank parts out.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: z axis touch off speed

Post by tcaudle »

4 secs? You have the Plunge Safety Clearance (in SheetCAM) set too high. It should RAPID (full z speed down to the PSC height then start the touch off a the touch off speed you set in CommandCNC. Our average touch off is less than 1 sec. I have PSC at .5" and rapid height at 1" . Raising the touch off speed too fast can cause over- run and bounce. So if it takes 4 secs at 20 it will take 2.66 seconds all things being the same.
tcaudle

Z axis add-on option for kits and new rescue kit

Post by tcaudle »

We have released the new Super Z heavy duty precision Z as an add-on to recent control systems from CandCNC and for new kits as an option.
https://www.candcnc.com/store-home/supe ... ch-holder/
Has a built in Ohmic sensor, precison linear slides , true ball screw, floating torch mount with sensor switch , over-travel limit switch , single 12 pin connector and cable back to CandCNC Table I/O Optional mag mount breakaway and dual sensor switches. Mounting holes for plate marker (not included), weights 12.2 lbs without torch and motor. Built to last and to hold the torch steady and not wobble, no matter the cut speeds or acceleration

Also available is a turn key upgrade/retrofit kit for older TM tables. Includes everything you need to turn your TM1/2/3 into a high performance modern machine. Includes controller , motors , preloaded PC, DTHCIV , full Z with torch holder and all software. fully licensed SheetCAM. On sale now into mid December
https://www.candcnc.com/product-categor ... scue_kits/

Return to “CandCNC Forum”