volts not showing

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

volts not showing

Post by Largemouthlou »

This is the I had everything working good , disassembled and reassembled at new shop post.
Hey Tom been a while, things been working great till now.
I set everything back up and controls and plasma cutting fine but I'm not getting any volt reading so thc not working.
System is the blade runner esp2 for control box, using a 1250 hypertherm have the Mic-02 cord plugged in to the back and plug is inserted in the pwn modual and to the voltage divider card rav-01(older unit, card is mounted to pc of lexan.) I never disconnected the two hot leads coming out of the 1250.

The test lights light up on the pwn sensor when activated but no readout on volt dro
do thc test on control box and arc okay and up and down flash with no volt reading on dro
When cutting all lights are active on the pwn modual even the raw arc volts light.
Rav-01 card conected as per your manual, I did disconnect the plugs and reconnected several times to be sure all making contact.
It is acting as if the rav-01 card is not hooked up, is there a chance I damaged the board in the move?
Any other tests I can do?
Thanks for your time
Louis

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: volts not showing

Post by KIDTech »

Happened to me twice, once when moving shops and the next time I unhooked everything to move into a new cabinet. Both times I had to get a new pwm.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

A new PWM won't fix it. Your looking at the wrong end of the horse. That system displays Troch VOlts via the RS232 serial port. I'll bet the DTHC ONLINE LED in MACH is not one either.....no serial comm no volts display
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

I will ck that this weekend when I go back and work from there. I did try a second set of port and 32 pin cables but they were suspect of being bad as well. will get a new set of those to see if they went bad.

Thanks for the reply's..
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

tcaudle wrote:A new PWM won't fix it. Your looking at the wrong end of the horse. That system displays Troch VOlts via the RS232 serial port. I'll bet the DTHC ONLINE LED in MACH is not one either.....no serial comm no volts display
Well thought I did a good job trying to diagnose my problem but did miss the obvious once again!! Tom was 100% correct I fired the puter back up this weekend and DTHC on line wasn't lit. bought some new cables both the 25 and the 9 pin replaced them and did the test and all looks to be back in working order.. Motors were actually sounding loader when they locked in as well. Won't cut till next weekend but I'm confident the cheap fix worked..

Thanks again Tom for putting up with us!! LOL
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Never treat a customer like they are bothering you when they need help. If you take the money and they want to know where their product is in the build cycle you need to answer them...quickly. You need to answer e-mails and the phone promptly and provide them several ways to get an answer.
Don't promise stuff you can't deliver. Deliver more than you promise.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”