Rotary Plasma for CommandCNC with joint design

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Rotary Plasma for CommandCNC with joint design

Post by tcaudle »

We have completed the integration of our PipeFit(tm) round pipe Joint Design plugin for SheetCAM Linux version, with the Rotary Plasma Plugin from SheetCAM

1. Layout a simple or complex 3D pipe fitting project and view it in 3D (rotational viewing ) and switch to 2D. Tutorials included.
2, Define the pipe sizes and joint types and Pipefit draws them for you. Save the contours to SheetCAM and then use the Rotary Plasma plugin to run it in either a 2D or 3D (really cool) cut simulation.
3. For other shapes like square, rectangular and I- beam use the Rotary Plasma app Cut simulation in SheetCAM works for those too.
4. Use our custom POST to bring it up in CommandCNC and cut it. Supports a 4 axis setup with A or B as the rotary axis
5. Uses full DTHC automation and touch -off.
6. Rotary Plate Marking and Center Plasma Peck are included but have not been tested yet.

All new CommandCNC Bundles (in Specials section) shipped after April 2nd will come with the Rotary Plasma SheetCAM plugin and a demo version of Pipefit preloaded. Note: you will need to add a 5th driver/motor to cut without reconfiguring your machine each time Virtually all systems can be upgraded easily to 5 motors .
tcaudle

Re: Rotary Plasma for CommandCNC with joint design

Post by tcaudle »

woops , sorry but I let my glee of getting this working in my development environment override the ability to get to a user ready program. My programmer reminded me we need an installer package for the LINUX version and that will take several days to develop and test. If you are desperate and can use the File Manager in LINUX machine I can give you a manual install process for LINUX. Otherwise wait a few days and the whole thing will be ready for release.
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by exapprentice »

Hi

I know its been quite a while since the last post on this subject??? (2017)
Just wondering how far things might of progressed over the past 3 years, I am mostly interested in:

(For other shapes like square, rectangular and I- beam use the Rotary Plasma app Cut simulation in SheetCAM works for those too

Do have this correct? its the software or is it the post processor required to cut square, rectangular box section and would be from Les at SheetCam using the Rotary Plasma app??

or

will CandCNC have it as a download when its ready including "installer package" and any post processor required??

"My programmer reminded me we need an installer package for the LINUX version and that will take several days to develop and test. If you are desperate and can use the File Manager in LINUX machine I can give you a manual install process for LINUX. Otherwise wait a few days and the whole thing will be ready for release"!!!
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The current demo requires no license and installs on the <INUX based SheetCAM package. its a DESIGH tool. The rotary cutting aspect comes from SheetCAMS Rotary Plasma plugin. AL Pipefit does is create joints by tell it the pipe sizes and angles . There ae other ways to do it but not inside SheetCAM . The license is no longer tied to the PC hardware . The POST is to be able to use the automation features of the DTHC just liek in flat cutting.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”