Everlast plasma cutting machine

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
chillbery
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Everlast plasma cutting machine

Post by chillbery »

Does anyone use or have you used, an Everlast plas machine on their table? We've been having many issues with our table since we bought it & the vendor is no longer offering this brand on his tables & he had told us from the beginning that he was having his own issues with wiring the plas in. Mach3 is sending the correct codes but the torch is not cutting off or on when it's supposed to. Thanks for any help. Dave
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Everlast plasma cutting machine

Post by plain ol Bill »

Help? -- get a Hypertherm! I have known of two seperate people using Everlast that they left the Ever out of. JMHO
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
elvenhome21
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by elvenhome21 »

Never had one but biggest problem i see with the everlast units is High freq start or contact start depending on power of unit. Next thing is consumable wear will be quite fast in a cnc setting. Dollar for dollar for true amperage and depth of cut its only $200-300 more for a hypertherm or thermal dynamics that is bullet proof and has a industry backing. you can go into any Airgas/welding supplier in the USA and get parts for either unit. Where are you going to get everlast parts within a day or 2.

You would need to get a powerplasma 60 http://www.everlastgenerators.com/produ ... ry-57.html in order to get comparable results of a hypertherm 45. You can get a lightly used 45 for the price you pay for a brand new everlast, and with the hypertherm you know your getting one of the most durable machines on the market for the price range that wont wear out.
Bonzi Metalworks
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I would suggest a switch to Hypertherm also. Ive had my 1250 for a few years and never had a problem with it. The newer PM series are great plasmas. The better quality machine you purchase will yield higher quality results. Hypertherm's got this down to a science. 8-)
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
elvenhome21
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by elvenhome21 »

My biggest reason for hypertherm over thermal D is Jim Colt from hypertherm. Every forum that remotely relates to plasma cutting he is on giving everyone advice. He knows his stuff and cnc tables. Customer service that finds you before you have to contact them.
Bonzi Metalworks
chillbery
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by chillbery »

Thanks for the replies guys. I use a Hypertherm at work but this came with a table that my brother bought & the guy talked him into getting the Everlast & said he would switch it out for the Hypertherm if he didn't like it. Now the guy is trying to back out on his word. Thanks again. Dave

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”